The last combat soldiers left Iraq today.
Nice work EVERYONE. You really have honored California soldiers who gave their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. Here are just a few sample links and posters, but everyone in every period made me proud.
Taylor’s P6: http://13925lms.edublogs.org/
Fabricio’s P3: http://11997lms.edublogs.org/
Ivan’s P2: http://11773lms.edublogs.org/
Diego V. P1: http://12100lms.edublogs.org/
1) Go to the L.A. Times website for California soldiers who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pick one soldier to focus on.
- Read about your soldier, learn about his or her life.
- Create a new post.
- Honor your soldier. You may:
- Write a poem
- Write bullet points about your soldier (do not copy and paste)
- Write a short description of the soldier (personality, attitude, etc.)
2) Illustrate your story with:
- AutoMotivator Use their images, or upload one from Stock.xchng or Wikiwix (you’ll need the URL + needs to be copyright OK)
- An image from Stock.xchng or Wikiwix (you’ll need the URL + needs to be copyright OK).
Samples from Automotivator:
This one used an image from Automotivator.
This one was an image I uploaded from Stock.xchng
IMPORTANT: After you save it to your computer and it pops open, File to Save As and add your name and period to the end so that Edublogs won’t confuse your image with other students’ images.
Image url: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1271629