1) Research a new technology. Use one of these websites to get you started:
- Gizmag – Gizmag covers invention, innovation and emerging technologies in all fields
- iTechFuture – Future technologies, gadgets, devices, green technology and more
- Wired – Daily technology news
- ScienceDaily – Updated several times a day with breaking news and feature articles, seven days a week, the site covers discoveries in all fields of the physical, biological, earth and applied sciences (medicine, health, brain, plants, animals, earth, climate, energy, computers, math, fossils, ruins)
- Curiosity.com – From Discovery, resources for science, robotics, space, computing, communications, neuroscience
- Geek.com – A wide variety of technologies, including gaming, smartphones, smart houses, and tons more!
- PBS Technology – News articles about new technologies
- BBC News/Technology – Technology news- worldwide
- Specialized webpages:
- Green Technologies (cars, solar, wind, etc.) – CNET Green Tech and GreenProgress.com
- Space Technology – NASA Technology
- Sports Technology – Popular Mechanics Sports Science
2) Create a 30 second commercial advertising your technology using iMovie or Animoto .
Use one of the 6 advertising techniques.
- Include a slogan.
Collect the URLs of the images you use.
When you finish your commercial, get the instructions from me in order to embed it in your blog.
3. Blog about the technology.
Paragraph 1: Summarize the technology (who, what, where, when, why, how). Include the title of the article you read in quotation marks. Include the author’s name. (Example: I read the article titled “Drugs shown to stop and even reverse Alzheimer’s in mice” by Ben Coxworth.)
- Paragraph 2: Explain which advertising technique you used for your commercial. How are you trying to sell your product? This needs to be a full paragraph, so give details!
- When you finish, you need to link the title of the article to the webpage it came from. Watch this video for directions:
- Add any URL links to the images you used. (If they all came from one website, just use one link.)