Hey past students, just in case you come by…
Over the summer I read the book The Martian by Andy Weir, I couldn’t put it down. Here’s a link to an infographic about How We’ll Live on Mars – interesting facts!
The movie will be released on Oct. 2nd, and the best part, I believe, is how realistic Andy Weir (the author) was in his depiction of how to live on Mars…here are a few articles:
One from CBC News, one from Comic Book Resources, and one from The Verge (and how a NASA astronaut recommends it!)
Here’s one of the trailers:
Cris via Compfight
Here’s my last post as your teacher!! As a teacher!!
There are two things you might want to look at:
1) New hoverbikes are coming! The military is now testing prototypes. Ricky in Period 1 made a commercial about hoverboards- (watch it here).
2) If you’re interested in robots, the New York Times has a whole section with videos of different kinds of robots – wow, I can only imagine what life will be like in 10 years!
Enjoy your summer and get ready to be awesome 8th graders! Enjoy watching each others’ commercials too. Be kind humans.
If any of your parents have a federal government job, that means they work for the U.S. government, they should monitor their accounts.
I hope you enjoy using Movie Maker to create a portfolio of your work. Requirements:
- At least 5 of your favorite projects
- A screenshot of your blog
- It should be only 30 seconds long
- A 30 second soundtrack
- A title
- A caption on each image
- One or more visual effects
- Credits (your name and soundtrack credit)
Use these websites for music: FreePlayMusic or Incompetech Music
nolnet via Compfight
1) Hour of Code Website
Image from Angry Birds
2) Made with Code Website
Image from Music Mixer
Mother Nature roared yesterday as at least 20 tornadoes tore across three states in the Midwest.
You can read more about it here: NBC News and USA Today