Cris via Compfight
Here’s my last post as your teacher!! As a teacher!!
There are two things you might want to look at:
1) New hoverbikes are coming! The military is now testing prototypes. Ricky in Period 1 made a commercial about hoverboards- (watch it here).
2) If you’re interested in robots, the New York Times has a whole section with videos of different kinds of robots – wow, I can only imagine what life will be like in 10 years!
Enjoy your summer and get ready to be awesome 8th graders! Enjoy watching each others’ commercials too. Be kind humans.
If any of your parents have a federal government job, that means they work for the U.S. government, they should monitor their accounts.
I hope you enjoy using Movie Maker to create a portfolio of your work. Requirements:
- At least 5 of your favorite projects
- A screenshot of your blog
- It should be only 30 seconds long
- A 30 second soundtrack
- A title
- A caption on each image
- One or more visual effects
- Credits (your name and soundtrack credit)
Use these websites for music: FreePlayMusic or Incompetech Music
nolnet via Compfight
1) Hour of Code Website
Image from Angry Birds
2) Made with Code Website
Image from Music Mixer
Mother Nature roared yesterday as at least 20 tornadoes tore across three states in the Midwest.
You can read more about it here: NBC News and USA Today
The MESSENGER spacecraft, launched in 2004, arrived at Mercury in 2011 to photograph the surface of the planet. Yesterday, MESSENGER ended operations — it crashed into the planet. The mission was only supposed to last until 2012, but since it was still operating, scientists guided it to lower and lower elevations, which resulted in the closest images ever of the planet. Unfortunately, that meant MESSENGER fell out of orbit and finally crashed yesterday.
To see images, click here!
Here is a video that shows a building collapsing during the earthquake. The magnitude was 7.8–huge, compared with our 3.4 earthquake yesterday.